things break. when things break, i like fixing them. if it were a perfect world, i’d be out of a job. but when things don’t FLOW. then i get headaches. things are always going to break, but why can’t things just go smoothly. WHY @_@
right now though, these factors are going to impair my mental health:
- i lost my phone. i have my work phone as a backup, but now i must wait to get a new phone. probably waiting a few months.
- as my work phone is a blackberry pearl, once i started txting a lot, it decided to start auto-clearing the call log and messages, both email and txt messages. i missed at least one txt from my gf last night because of this.
- my home PC is broken. a part is off for repair. hurry up and wait.
- i shipped a gift to a friend and UPS royally screwed up a simple re-delivery. it was going to Lincoln Ave in Chicago, it ended up at a completely dissimilar address in Evanston. i tracked it down, but am waiting on a call back from the party who signed for it. i would love to call and yell at UPS, but all it would do is make me feel slightly better and that’s not really worth it. plus, work is keeping me too busy.
- we are one man short in a four man office today. ohboy
- there are others, but my neurons aren’t quite firing in sequence right now.
i used to j’adore kuma’s. i still think they have a place in my dining establishments that i will take out of towners to repitoire; however, i have to admit their burgers are not as thoughtful as they used to be.
must be that 50 hour wait.
if you are up for a burger challenge, i highly recommend you sample the burger at paramount room. they have an incredible tasting kobe beef burger that is melt-your-face-off good. not sure if it’s still crappening but they also had a burger and a pint special. 10 bucks for a burger and a pint. yes, please.
all signs are pointing to dinner at kuma’s corner three times in the next week. i think it’s going to be a pretty great week.
Upon reading the original post, I was going to say, J, that it was high time we actually go eat at Paramount Room. I know I cannot eat teh beef, but they have a bunch of other delicious sounding morsels. All you can eat fried chicken, what?